Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

(click on the wizard to play)
STONED? V 1.2

HOW TO PLAY?

CONTROLS:
LEFT/RIGHT ARROWS = MOVE LEFT/RIGHT
Z= MAKE BLOCK (Z+DOWN ARROW = MAKE BLOCK BELOW)
X = BREAK BLOCK (X+DOWN ARROW = BREAK BLOCK BELOW)
SPACEBAR = JUMP (BREAK BLOCK ABOVE) (HOLD TO FLOAT WHEN FALLING)
(WHEN FALLING HOLD DOWN AND SPACEBAR TO SMASH BLOCKS)
HOLD X + DOWN ARROW = BREAK BLOCK UNDERNEATH
UP = SET STATUE CHECK POINT
HOLD DOWN + UP = TELEPORT TO STATUE

*find your way out of this stoney castle, each door has a key hidden in each room, avoid or counter enemy danger, happy hunting and puzzle solving before time runs out,

GAME PLAY:

STORY:
A wizard named Stoney get's lost in a stone castle and doesn't remember how he ended up there because he got stoned.

BACKSTORY:
If I can impress my brother swoop, then I can impress anyone. I caught a thread here about favorite NES games and when he mentioned Solomon's Key, I figured what tha heck... it's all in the reflexes. Cool

@swoop - I promise to get you even more 'stoned' bro with some tricky difficult levels +

any members who would like to contribute to this HTML5 project using construct2, feel free to share your thoughts, ideas, music, graphics, level design, etc...

ENEMIES:

Ghost Toast

A poor unfortunate soul who died by getting stoned. Ghost Toast doesn't like the living and will attack if you get too close to it's tombSTONE.

*Tip break the tombSTONE and Ghost Toast will float away....

Gobble'n

These little trolls with the munchies are always paranoid about their food getting stolen.
That's not a club, that's a drumstick with a bite missing.

*Tip Gobble'n patrol but run away when you are within range, learn to control their direction when they flee...

Red Eyes

It is said that a Giant Hydra got stone and lost all of it's eyes, now the eyes are look for new sockets to call home, even if there's eyeballs in them already.

*Tip Red Eyes are slow but persistent, learn to lure them away from where you need to go.

CREDITS:

G@MeF@Ce
swoop
GizDaddy

CURRENTLY: 510.78KB data , 3.86MB sound, 2.64MB graphics
(would like to keep it under 5mb total)

NEXT VERSION:
+ preload sounds
+ more levels
+ 1st enemy
+ 1-3 to 1-4 bug (spawn at enemy)
+ stage timer
+life system
+continue system
+ break blocks above/below
+random tile for blocks
+random tiles for stage
+cooldown for set statue and teleport
+fall system

+ more animations
+ more secrets
+ more puzzles
+ more power ups
+ more enemies and more danger!

PASSWORDS:

"5lives" - start the game with 5 lives

"3timer" - start the game with 3 continues

"straight8" - start at level 1-8 with no continues
Administrator
signature
Administrator
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i47rig99qhrvn8s/4m5HvsM2fD http://g4m3f4c3.deviantart.com https://www.facebook.com//pages/Gameface101/332331300127008 https://twitter.com//mr_gameface101 https://soundcloud.com/schurr http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGameface101?feature=watch
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 31/8/2013, 4:12 am
how could i not be impressed!

amazing, you can instantly see the potential

thumbs up bro! very nice

for those that did not know,

solomon's key was the first game my dad bought me for nes, it was on sale.. 14.99 which was alot of money back in the day! Smile
mr_wiggles Re: STONED (HTML5) on 31/8/2013, 12:58 pm
lol wut? i made it to level 3 before i got stoned. :p
BluE Re: STONED (HTML5) on 31/8/2013, 6:53 pm
I got to level 4 before I had to finish my breakfast
Zanzabar Re: STONED (HTML5) on 31/8/2013, 9:08 pm
nice game dude. you made it better cause solomens key had no story and now it does.lol
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 1/9/2013, 12:50 am
heck I'm excited about the next verson... so much more danger and tricky parts ^,^

I'll introduce the enemies as they come along and share the sprites in case any of you graphical geniuses wanna help animate or style them.

Ghost Toast

A poor unfortunate soul who died by getting stoned. Ghost Toast doesn't like the living and will attack if you get too close to it's tombSTONE.

*Tip break the tombSTONE and Ghost Toast will float away....

@Zanz- the story is borderline, hippie on a bad trip :~P
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 1/9/2013, 7:24 am
Gobble'n

These little trolls with the munchies are always paranoid about their food getting stolen.
That's not a club, that's a drumstick with a bite missing.

*Tip Gobble'n patrol but run away when you are within range, learn to control their direction when they flee...

Red Eyes

It is said that a Giant Hydra got stone and lost all of it's eyes, now the eyes are look for new sockets to call home, even if there's eyeballs in them already.

*Tip Red Eyes are slow but persistent, learn to lure them away from where you need to go.

New version in OP 7 levels +
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 1/9/2013, 4:04 pm
need a level save, your adding lots of difficulty, and getting to level 6 then dying, makes me not want to play. Sad
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 2/9/2013, 2:44 am
swoop wrote:need a level save, your adding lots of difficulty, and getting to level 6 then dying, makes me not want to play. Sad
haha Cool

remember how Solomon's Key had 99 levels and the cheat code only took you to level 41?

no worries, this game will have a life system, spawn points, level select AND cheat code +

(there's already a few easter eggs ... gotta find them)
Zanzabar Re: STONED (HTML5) on 2/9/2013, 9:21 am
Dang G@mef@ce this game is really getting big! i like it man. Keep on at it and love the new enemy's Smile
also what does spacebar do?
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 2/9/2013, 11:24 pm
i have a couple ideas! ill PM them to you
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 2/9/2013, 11:41 pm
also working on the graphics.. check the drop box.
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 3/9/2013, 12:11 am
ghost updated. check
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 3/9/2013, 2:31 am
I'm hours away from the latest version... which is going to "blow your mind" haha

here's a sneak peek:

you see the statue? on each stage it appears at your start point and get this...
you can summon it like a block and if/when you die... you will respawn at it's location if you have any lives... oh yeah, there's a life system (hats) continue system (robes) and a stage timer + + +
there's also a password page which you gotta find in the game like all the other easter eggs Cool

for example: if you type "5lives" you will start from the beginning with 5 lives instead of the default three

the menus and enemies are taking most of my time, hope to get that out of the way to focus on music, art, and level design

@swoop - bro use the edit button, we don't want a "spam-abuse" for triple posting, when you can edit and make them into 1 +  (but I know you're excited ^^ mmwhahah)

@zanz - it's for testing collision, next version it will be the "t" key as space is now used for jump after testing it with others, meaning up key is open for something else of won't be used as some browsers scroll like chrome.
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 3/9/2013, 4:55 am
bro could you also upload the texture pack for the blocks.
MotionM Re: STONED (HTML5) on 3/9/2013, 10:05 am
I feel like this is one of those early flash games, which is good. It's simple and amazing and a nice easy side project.
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 3/9/2013, 7:39 pm
behold! version 9!

+life system

+timer system

+continue system

+check point system

+jump with space bar

+jump break blocks with head

two passwords!

hidden extra lives and continues ++

other easter eggs +++

blah, blah, etc, etc...

working out the kinks to make an official 1.0 demo

see the OP ~ original post

swoop wrote:need a level save, your adding lots of difficulty, and getting to level 6 then dying, makes me not want to play. Sad
@swoop - other than the life system, continue, and check point, there's a password system in which you can control the game in so many ways if you have the right password +
here's a hint, at the title screen, press right to select password menu, then on the password screen type,
"3timer" you will start at 1-1 with 3! continues.

so does that make you wanna play again? ^^
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 4/9/2013, 12:25 am
naa it makes me wanna make it look purrty
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 4/9/2013, 12:37 am
fun Smile
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 5/9/2013, 5:44 pm
VERSION 1.0 released today now right this minute affraid

see original post ^

the project is now 2.11mb  graphics and 3.86mb audio and a few kb script, goal is to make it less than 5mb.

ok new graphics and sounds have been added.

now when stoney makes a magic stone, it appears with a different look (over 64 at the moment)

there's better collision with breaking/making blocks, now you can break them above and below +
(move list in original post)

new boots in every stage! they give you a speed buff (hint - sometimes you have to make a block twice to reveal them)

+ new title track by Giz

+ oldie but goodie stage track - still trippin

swoop wrote:naa it makes me wanna make it look purrty
@swoop - purrty now?
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 5/9/2013, 6:11 pm
awesome lots of progress in a short amount of time ! very nice:wow: 
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 6/9/2013, 12:04 am
new Stoned icon

added link to the 'peep game' on the right +

new version 1.1 coming with a new twist :~x

@swoop - you should post your new sprites +
mr_wiggles Re: STONED (HTML5) on 6/9/2013, 3:14 pm
That icon looks 'stoned' :p
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 6/9/2013, 4:56 pm
anyone play it, the ghost goblin eyeball combo,(5th stage??) is extremely difficult, with the new ghost whiplash back it makes it tough, also the eyeball went right over the check point and i spawned and died instantly 3 times. Could we put a "invincible" timer when you respawn, like 3 secs?
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 6/9/2013, 5:16 pm
swoop wrote:Could we put a "invincible" timer when you respawn, like 3 secs?
when Stoney dies from danger, he's positioned off the map for 4secs then reappears wherever the statue is placed, so don't place your statue in an F'd up spot!
this is part of the strategy, making the player keep tabs on the position of the statue maybe even protect it with blocks from solid enemies, yeah it sucks if you have 7 lives and your place your statue near a red eye and you lose all 7 lives... you shouldn't of lured the red eye there.... mwhahaa, AND that is why continue robes are so precious +

but to keep it fun, I will look into a better death/respawn system...

OK, just to have a gameplay video

share it, spread the word
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 7/9/2013, 8:58 am
it's been a productive week getting stoned to shine Cool(stoned the game that is...)

version 1.1 see original post to play +

level 8!

goblins run after player once key is found
multiple ghost toasts, random ghost graphics

more map designs at RANDOM +

hold spacebar to float after jump

there's 3 passwords now

more solid collision.
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 7/9/2013, 4:28 pm
How many times do you have to hit the tombstone to break?
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 7/9/2013, 7:42 pm
swoop wrote:How many times do you have to hit the tombstone to break?
3 times... so 3 frames of it breaking please +

the strategy with ghost toast is to stay within it's range but not touch the ghost then quickly hit the grave for when the ghost is not on it's tombstone and out of range it will slingshot back which you will need to jump out of it's way. Also the jump float helps, hold space to float when falling.

you can use "straight8" as the password to warp to that level.

to access password, from the title screen press right +

*press "T" for collision.
swoop Re: STONED (HTML5) on 8/9/2013, 5:53 am
Added: Ghost Float Animation frame. Ghost "on hit" damage expression change.

Added the 3 hit damage to the grave stone. Also separated it into peices, perhaps we can make a crumble
animation after the third hit.

Was wondering after you "disturb" the ghost the first time, could he float slightly back and fourth on top of the stone, rather than run back to the starting position? Like to an Alert Position?

Will make couple more ghosts once i get the death animation done, also would like to add death wail! Smile

thanks bro for all the coding effort!!

MotionM Re: STONED (HTML5) on 8/9/2013, 9:31 am
You should release this elsewhere. :p
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 11/9/2013, 3:24 pm
MotionM wrote:You should release this elsewhere. :p
when it's more solid?

NEW! version 1.2  see original post

+particle effects (make or break a block and you will see)

+new and improved controls. (for instance try pressing up to set your statue, then hold down and press up at the same time to teleport to it. this can come in real handy so get it down)

+more enemy interaction (try using the break button to knock fireballs back to the gargoyle heads, 3 hits will break them +)

+hud alerts (more like flashing for now, will add sounds)

-still working on the Y-check when you are standing on a block and it gets broken and you don't fall.

-working on fall-system (you see it at the bottom right, dont fall too far (more than six blocks) or you will die, unless you use space bar to float.

-updating all doors and keys (interaction/graphics)

-visual equipment?

- cooldown for teleport

*this version is very broken, I'm too busy at the moment to wrap it all up so I thought I'd share the latest until I return to work on this project. - still enjoy Cool
gizDaddy Re: STONED (HTML5) on 12/9/2013, 2:03 pm
Yo,

good stuff bro, makin hella progress. I know Im lagging, will get u more beatz soon

Giz
G@MeF@Ce Re: STONED (HTML5) on 26/9/2013, 11:35 am
^thx Giz +

new version 1.3 ~ check original post +

cooldown system for setting statue (5secs) [press up]

and teleporting to the statue (10secs) [hold down then press up]

also a fall system, should you drop down too much with out floating (hold space)

most of the demo is slapped together, stage 1-1 is pretty much solid.

you can deflect the gargoyle heads fireballs with the break-button [x key]
it takes 3 hits to destroy them...

just about done with all of the mechanics and features, after it will be pure polish.
Sponsored content Re: STONED (HTML5) Today at 6:43 pm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled