LOGIN
SEARCH
PROFILE
keys: ↑ ↓
LOGOUT
INDEX
MEMBERS
keys: ↑ ↓
HOME
PORTAL
PLAY ALONG
PLAY with WORDS
PLAY with GRAPHICS
PLAY with SOUNDS
PLAY with CODES
PLAY with PROJECTS
keys: ← →
Guest Access
Register:
Members:



View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Active Member
Active Member
#1 Two Game Modes?
Loading

Reala

Active Member
Active Member
Active Member
profile
Would it be a good idea to have an overhead AND side scrolling mode is one game?
Like, Roaming around a city would be overhead, but certain dungeons and fights are side scrolling.
Active Member
Show Signature


Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Kemosabe, Big Big Ballin is my Hobbay
Active Member
Administrator
Administrator
#2 Re: Two Game Modes?
Loading

G@MeF@Ce

Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
profile
Reala wrote:Would it be a good idea to have an overhead AND side scrolling mode is one game?
Like, Roaming around a city would be overhead, but certain dungeons and fights are side scrolling.

...if you ask me...oh yeah for an RPG?

There's a reason why Xplat/Gplat has a switch Razz

Future bloodlines, will showcase quite a few, from wire puzzles to map puzzles, star fighting in your ship and cutting baddies down to size on foot with your saber stick and silent

For your game to have more than one mode, visually it has got to mesh/blend from mode to mode. If it looks dramatically different
then you might as well split that project into more than one game.

Successful games like Super Mario Kart really has one mode and is simple fun with simple control, but it is not an RPG. the Final Fantasy franchise outstaged other RPG's by having multiple modes such as the airship, questing, cut scenes, and it's popular battle system. Back in the day I thought Dragon warrior was the greatest RPG adventure I ever played, then I got my hands on Phantasy Star, sure it had better graphics but JUST because it had raycasted / pseudo 3D dungeons, another mode, I felt it was the better game. But if I wasn't trying to play hours and hours to quest and save $$$ to buy the better weapon, defeat the next monster for exp to level up, I had to get my quick fix for action playing mega man 2.
megaman00
Now having that capability through Xplat, I could design a game that one could enjoy shooting 'em up for $$$ and exp and then quest.

Basically if your going to use multiple modes, make the transition from one mode to another and back clever. Make it something the player can look forward to and worth playing for.

Ever play Act Raiser(2)? SNES Classic!
Administrator
Show Signature


Hey Guest, check out my demos!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]




G101's theme colors

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]




shhh.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Administrator
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i47rig99qhrvn8s/4m5HvsM2fD http://g4m3f4c3.deviantart.com https://www.facebook.com//pages/Gameface101/332331300127008 https://twitter.com//mr_gameface101 https://soundcloud.com/schurr http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGameface101?feature=watch
Active Member
Active Member
#3 Re: Two Game Modes?
Loading

Reala

Active Member
Active Member
Active Member
profile
Ok, thanks. I'm trying to get my current game like Zelda 2 on NES.

G@MeF@Ce wrote:
Successful games like Super Mario Kart really has one mode and is simple fun with simple control, but it is not an RPG. the Final Fantasy franchise outstaged other RPG's by having multiple modes such as the airship, questing, cut scenes, and it's popular battle system. Back in the day I thought Dragon warrior was the greatest RPG adventure I ever played, then I got my hands on Phantasy Star, sure it had better graphics but JUST because it had raycasted / pseudo 3D dungeons, another mode, I felt it was the better game. But if I wasn't trying to play hours and hours to quest and save $$$ to buy the better weapon, defeat the next monster for exp to level up, I had to get my quick fix for action playing mega man 2.
megaman00

The only Dragon Warrior game i played was Dragon Quest 8. That was the best RPG i ever played..... until I got FF-XII


And sorry for doing this but my other Topic wont let me reply on it. But the enemy encounter i meant was when you encounter enemies on a separate map.

Like in this video: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Active Member
Show Signature


Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Kemosabe, Big Big Ballin is my Hobbay
Active Member
Administrator
Administrator
#4 Re: Two Game Modes?
Loading

G@MeF@Ce

Administrator
Administrator
Administrator
profile
Reala wrote:Ok, thanks. I'm trying to get my current game like Zelda 2 on NES.

cool man, looking forward to playing it Cool

Reala wrote:
And sorry for doing this but my other Topic wont let me reply on it.

no, thank you for bringing this to my attention, so many forums
and permissions to configure Razz

members should be able to reply to messages in the XAS forum now thanks to you +

Administrator
Show Signature


Hey Guest, check out my demos!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]




G101's theme colors

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]




shhh.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Administrator
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i47rig99qhrvn8s/4m5HvsM2fD http://g4m3f4c3.deviantart.com https://www.facebook.com//pages/Gameface101/332331300127008 https://twitter.com//mr_gameface101 https://soundcloud.com/schurr http://www.youtube.com/user/MrGameface101?feature=watch
#5 Re: Two Game Modes?
Loading

Sponsored content

profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

 

Chatbox system disabled
Personal messaging disabled